HLTH 220 Wellness for Educators • 3 Cr.
Covers the social, emotional and physical components of wellness with a focus on personal assessment and tools to design a wellness plan for life. Students explore methods for promoting health in the elementary and preschool classroom.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the seven components of wellness
- Differentiate between controllable health factors and others beyond the sphere of influence
- Develop a life-long personal wellness plan
- Identify and access reliable health resources in the community
- Develop elementary and pre-school classroom health activities that promote healthy lifestyles
- Model healthy lifestyle habits in and out of the classroom
- Identify benefits of exercise and proper nutrition
- Winter 2015 (current quarter)