HPRO 116 Nursing Assistant Foundations • 4 Cr.
Presents anatomy and physiology, resident rights, concepts of death and dying, dementia care, legal aspects of care, function of the health care team, and the communication skills and scope of practice of the nursing assistant. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss basic normal anatomy.
- Discuss basic disease processes and their impacts on the client/resident.
- Discuss principles of infection control.
- Identify normal and abnormal assessment data.
- Use communication techniques that facilitate interactions among client, family, and health care team.
- Describe how the emotional, cultural, religious, and spiritual values of the cilent or resident affect care.
- Describe appropriate interventions within legal, ethical, and regulatory frameworks of practice.
- Describe a safe and comfortalbe environment for the client or resident.