HPRO 117 Basic Technical Skills • 1 Cr.
Students learn and practice 22 client care skills in preparation for the Washington State nursing assistant certification examination. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply principles of infection control.
- Recognize normal and abnormal assessment data.
- Practice communication techniques that facilitate interactions among client, family, and health care team.
- Record pertinent data such as vital signs and weights.
- Practice providing a safe and comfortable environment for the client or resident.
- Demonstrate correct performance of 22 specific skills required for certification examination.