HPRO 120 Medical Terminology • 3 Cr.
Provides a comprehensive foundation of basic medical terminology for use in health care careers. Includes prefixes, suffixes, word roots, combining forms, special endings, plural forms, abbreviations and symbols. Emphasis is on body structures, anatomical systems, pathologies, medical procedures, medical specialties, and common terms and abbreviations used in health care.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Ability to read and spell basic terms of medical terminology
- Ability to hear and understand basic terms of medical terminology
- Ability to pronounce basic terms of medical terminology
- Ability to apply medical terms appropriately
- Extensive exposure to the medical terminology used in a wide range of health care settings and jobs, and medical-related fields