IBP 077 Observation Preparation • 4.5 Cr.
Designed to prepare non-native speakers of English with the skills, strategies and resources to successfully pursue internships in their fields of interest. Students prepare work portfolios, research areas of interest and practice oral communication techniques to enhance their career and employment opportunities. Prerequisite: Must be IBP student; international student eligible for practical training or other non-native speaker of English approved by the program chair or instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify career goals
- Research, collect, and utilize information about local companies and organizations
- Write effective resumes and cover letters
- Prepare for, schedule, and interview effectively for an internship
- Communicate by telephone and email throughout the internship search
- Summer 2015 (current quarter)