IBP 097 Observation • 4.5 Cr.
Students are placed with a local company to obtain practical experience in U.S. business. Placements are made according to a student's training, work experience, interests, English level, and/or career goals. Students must complete a variety of forms including: learning objectives, weekly reports, a mid-quarter evaluation and a final evaluation. In addition, the site supervisor must complete a final evaluation of the student. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Observe at a local company and obtain practical experience in a U.S. business or organization
- Plan learning objectives in conjunction with a Site Supervisor and Observation Advisor
- Complete various forms which document the student’s learning experience at the Observation site
- Meet with the Site Visitor and make effective suggestions for, and evaluations of, his/her situation
- Winter 2016 (current quarter)