INDES 163 Introduction to Revit • 5 Cr.
Introduction to Revit Architecture for interior designers using the PC. Covers the role and application of Revit Architecture in graphic communication and interior design while producing architectural and interior design projects in 3D. Includes lectures, textbook and hands-on project work to familiarize students with Revit software, its application and basic functions, and the production of orthographic, 3D, and data output for contract documents and presentations.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Explain Building Information Modeling, including its purpose and benefits, and how it is applied with Revit Architecture.
- Give an overview of the basic organization of Revit using concepts and terms integral to the software.
- Use the fundamental features of Revit, including its parametric design tools, to create architectural models in three dimensions.
- Generate design and construction documentation from an architectural model that is technically correct and includes plans, elevations, sections, details and schedules.
- Create varied presentations of architectural models that include photo realistic renderings and solar studies.