INDES 169 SketchUp • 3 Cr.
Designed for students with basic SketchUp skills, or beginning level Computer Aided Design experience. Introduces strategies and skills for managing complex architectural models, as well as presentation methods, including Trimble Layout® and third-party rendering plug-ins.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Prepare accurate, organized, efficiently constructed three-dimensional models of objects, architectural forms, and interior spaces.
- Employ a variety of methods for creating three-dimensional models of objects, architectural forms, and interior spaces, including direct construction within and importing measured drawings and other objects into SketchUp.
- Manage SketchUp files and components for archiving and greater efficiency during the model-building process.
- Use SketchUp, Photoshop and rendering plugins, combined with traditional drawing methods, to enhance visual communication throughout the design process.
- Summer 2014 (current quarter)