INDES 172 Interior Design Studio II • 5 Cr.
Introduces graphic tools, techniques, and conventions used for effective visual communication in design. Students apply theory as they develop skills in architectural drafting, lettering, and basic perspective drawing. Prerequisite: INDES 171 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- INTERIOR DESIGN STUDIO 172- OUTCOMES
- Successfully employ the elements and principles of Design.
- Demonstrate the ability to both define and organize space and form.
- Have learning experiences that encourage them to think visually and volumetrically.
- Demonstrate competent spatial design skills.
- Understand the reasons for learning visual communication skills and conventions, (lettering,
- line weights) and their application to interior design and related professions.
- Demonstrate the ability to draft an accurate plan, section and elevation.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce freehand drawings using line weights, thickness, opacity, and
- precision to present space plans, elevations, and other conceptual sketches.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce three-dimensional models both in digital and physical form.
- Demonstrate the ability to define form and space by manipulating two and three-dimensional
- drawings and physical models.