INDES 179 Perspective Drawing • 5 Cr.
Introduction of tools and techniques for illustrative graphic presentation of design ideas and products. Students learn advanced perspective drawing methods and practice simple and rapid illustration techniques in various media including graphite, ink, marker pens and collage.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify many applications of drawing in art and design.
- Apply the full range of graphics techniques and standards used in the focus area.
- Describe how to create life-like representation of real forms and how to select appropriate approaches and technique to create effective drawings.
- Perform proportional relationships to drawings by utilizing ratios and measurements.
- Analyze, identify and capture the effects of 1 point perspectives.
- Name both historical, and relevant, Interior Design Spaces in Seattle through on-site drawing sessions and on-site observations.
- Summer 2015 (current quarter)