INDES 261 Design Detailing • 2 Cr.
Introduces principles of detailing and its impact on the design and construction processes. Topics include documentation for construction, aesthetics, and spatial experiences. Course graded pass/fail. Prerequisite: INDES 260 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of design detailing by correct application of details into a studio project.
- Discuss rationale and justification behind detail decisions made in projects to further design intent.
- Demonstrate understanding of use of a project-specific visual design vocabulary in developing space.
- Demonstrate clear documentation of construction detailing.
- After successful completion of Design Detailing, student work will:
- demonstrate knowledge of construction by producing accurate technical drawings and giving verbal presentations.
- demonstrate the ability to sketch ideas about spatial perception.
- Demonstrate knowledge of material termination as a design decision by creating technical drawings and verbal presentations.