INDES 280 Contract Documents • 5 Cr.
Introduces professional applications for graphic communication and CADD skills, specifically the technical drawings used in construction. Students develop a set of construction drawings and specifications for a project of their own design. Prerequisite: INDES 262 and INDES 273 both with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Produce a set of working drawings that follows established guidelines for sequence of information and industry-standard graphic conventions.
- Demonstrate through creation of detailed and accurate construction documents the impact of construction systems and methods on interior design solutions.
- Develop and produce clear, concise and correct graphic communication (for example: lettering and drafting an accurate dimension plan).
- Organize, generate and complete a set of working drawings for a selected project.
- Create a professional title block.
- Plan and draw a title page.
- Draw a clear, concise and correct demolition plan.
- Draw a clear, concise and correct dimension plan.
- Draw a clear, concise and correct electrical, telephone and data location plan.
- Draw a clear, concise and correct reflected ceiling plan.
- Draw clear, concise and correct elevations.
- Draw clear, concise and correct construction sections and details.
- Draw a clear, concise and correct cabinet, finish, flooring, etc. sections and details.Organize and write specifications for various building materials and finishes.