INDES 285 Practicum in Interior Design • 3 Cr.
Offers additional work-study experience relevant to a student's future employment plans in interior design. Course graded pass/fail. Prerequisite: INDES 150,and INDES 160 and INDES 170 with a C- or better or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify key personal goals and choose an employment setting that is compatible with those goals
- Develop, reinforce, and apply skills that have been learned in Interior Design classes
- Complete a time log documenting the practicum work done and the corresponding time spent on jobs or projects
- Analyze, through a written self-evaluation, the results of the Practicum experience (e.g. Did the student learn what he/she thought he/she would?)
- Receive a satisfactory performance evaluation from the practicum employer