INTST 202 Cultural Encounters & Tensions • 5 Cr.
Deals with the contemporary world from a cultural standpoint. Students examine problems of intercultural relations with particular emphasis on divergent "world views."
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Critically analyze the relationship between culture and politics in the contemporary world
- Articulate how differences in cultural context can enhance or inhibit effective inter-cultural understanding
- Define major concepts related to international political culture
- Explain the importance of interdependence in the modern world
- Identify ethnocentrism in political discourse
- Respect and appreciate cultural differences