ISIT 105 Problem Solving for the IT Professional • 5 Cr.
This course presents a wide variety of strategies to build a person's problem solving skills towards situations in IT. Students practice creative/lateral thinking techniques and communication skills to approach technical and non-technical problems. Prerequisite: ENG 092 or 093 with a C- or better, and Math 098 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the value of problem solving skills in today’s organizations.
- Identify and state possible causes of a problem.
- Articulate problem solving strategies and techniques in relation to organizational problems.
- Model lateral and vertical thinking techniques to arrive at a solution.
- Evaluate the both the problem solving process and the effectiveness of the outcome.
- Use written communication to concisely communicate the problem and solution to an appropriate client.
- Create and implement a plan to use technology in problem-solving.
- Fall 2016 (current quarter)