ISIT 320 Advanced Web Development • 5 Cr.
- Information Systems/Information Technology
Students learn to develop efficient web applications across multiple browsers. Students will use applicable design principles and protocols, and best practices in creating extensible web applications. Students will use both open source and proprietary technologies to create web sites that incorporate code elements and services from across the Internet. Prerequisite: Admission to the program or permission of the instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the various protocols and their evolution in the web environment
- Evaluate HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) and its impact on XML (Extensible Markup Language) applications
- Analyze the basic operation of Web Servers, their functionality, configuration, and security
- Evaluate active browser pages within the process flow of web pages
- Create web applications that are effective and scalable across multiple platforms
- Design web applications using appropriate design patterns and application frameworks
- Create web applications that make use of components from across the internet
- Create web applications that meet appropriate security standards
- Analyze the trends and directions of future Web applications and frameworks
- Fall 2013 (current quarter)