ISIT 332 Data Warehousing • 5 Cr.
Students learn concepts and techniques associated with development of a data warehouse. They learn how to prepare data for consolidation and exchange. Students learn to apply Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) principles and they use current ETL tools. Students practice coding techniques for extracting, cleaning and conforming data. Prerequisite: ISIT 330.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the role of Data Warehousing in an organization.
- Plan the activities comprising a data warehousing project.
- Analyze the role of Master Data Management Plan, analyze, and design for the extraction and consolidation of data from heterogeneous data sources into a data warehouse.
- Implement the design using current software tools to appropriately clean, conform and load organizational data.
- Analyze the tasks involved in managing an ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) environment.
- Winter 2016 (current quarter)