ISIT 434 Web Analytics • 5 Cr.
- Information Systems/Information Technology
Students learn techniques for analyzing data generated by web traffic and social media sites. Students learn the importance of such data to an organization and they learn what analytic measures are available and applicable. Students also learn how to implement web data collection and analytic tools for web-sites. Prerequisite: ISIT 330.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the types of information web traffic can provide and why it is important to an organization
- Use analytic tools to analyze traffic data collected from a web-site
- Create appropriate reports/visualizations of web traffic data
- Appropriately interpret reports produced by analytic tools
- Analyze traffic data for patterns identifying visitor behavior
- Present analysis results to stake-holders
- Suggest web-site improvements based upon analysis of web-site traffic
- Implement analytic tools for web-site data collection