MKTG 131 Principles of Professional Selling • 5 Cr.
Examines the principles and techniques of professional selling as a form of persuasive communication basic to business relationships. Students analyze case studies to apply theories to real-world situations.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and explain in detail, the 10 steps in the relationship selling process.
- Use the 10 steps to prepare and make a group sales presentation.
- Incorporate visual aids, verbal & non-verbal skills in sales presentations.
- Make a 5 minute oral presentation incorporating skills learned in the class.
- Explain and incorporate the concept of relationship selling in a sales career.