MKTG 154 Principles of Marketing • 5 Cr.
Studies the business activities of marketing: planning, pricing, promoting, and distributing goods and services. Students examine the role of marketing in the economy and the processes used to make business decisions.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Synthesize information to explain the marketing functions of product/service planning, pricing, distribution, and promotion.
- Explain the relationship between previous marketing approaches and marketing trends in the New Economy.
- Define marketing terms, concepts, models, and processes.
- Conduct research to demonstrate research skills using the Internet, textbook, and marketing periodicals.
- Compare, contrast or articulate a new point of view using critical thinking skills.
- Synthesize information to create appropriate business communication documents.
- Participate as part of a team to demonstrate skills in teamwork.
- Create a marketing plan for a business that demonstrates knowledge of material covered in class.