MKTG 234 Advertising • 5 Cr.
Provides an in-depth look at the world's dominant promotional channel. Students consider how advertising differs from other approaches, and the ways in which it must evolve to thrive in the digital era. Group projects will emphasize integrated strategy, creative choices, media planning, and how to assess a successful advertising campaign. Prerequisite: MKTG 101 or 154. This course will have MKTG 101 and MKTG 102 as prerequisites effective Summer 2017.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Build an integrated marketing plan that leans heavily on advertising strategy and tactics
- Employ TV, print, radio, out-of-home, email, online video, search, display, mobile and social media to connect with large audiences
- Design a creative brief that translates strategy into visual design and copy guidelines
- Craft a media plan that allocates dollars into the most appropriate media platforms
- Increase brand equity through calculated strategic choices