MKTG 234 Advertising • 5 Cr.
Examines advertising's role in society and its relationship to communications and marketing activities. Topics include media terminology, planning and selection, copy writing, and art direction.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Build an integrated marketing plan that leans heavily on advertising strategy and tactics
- • Employ TV, print, radio, out-of-home, email, online video, search, display, mobile and social media to connect with large audiences
- • Design a creative brief that translates strategy into visual design and copy guidelines
- • Craft a media plan that allocates dollars into the most appropriate media platforms
- • Increase brand equity through calculated strategic choices