MKTG 290 Marketing Activities in DECA • V1-5 Cr.
Develops occupational skills through activities affiliated with National DECA. Students participate in community service projects and gain leadership, communication, and human relations experience. Chapter officers help lead the class.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate business etiquette
- Develop presentation skillsUnderstand promotional strategies and tools
- Demonstrate appropriate sales techniques
- Work as a team member
- Apply the principles of Parliamentary Procedure
- Develop human relations skills
- Participate in community service projects
- Participate in fundraising events
- Analyze a business's market position
- Identify and describe a target market for a specified business/product/idea
- Attend state and national conferences
- Winter 2015 (current quarter)