MUSC 136 Intermediate Guitar • 2 Cr.
Develops the skills and knowledge required for playing the guitar, reading music and performance techniques in greater depth. Intended for students with a moderate level of experience. Students must supply their own ACOUSTIC guitar.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify a medium sample of key signatures and play the Major scale patterns related to those key signatures.
- Identify the diatonic notes on the fret board in by name and find their representation on the music staff.
- Identify growing level of complex rhythmic note values and play simple melodies with rhythmic accuracy.
- Read and perform chords indicated by a moderate number of chord nomenclature and tablature
- Demonstrate the ability to perform chords in a variety of voicings
- Identify and perform music demonstrating meter and chordal rhythmic patterns accurately.
- Perform a variety of strumming and picking patterns
- Play pieces learned in class by both reading from manuscript and from memory
- Design and implement an effective practice routine