MUSC 152 Advanced MIDI & Digital Audio Techniques • 3 Cr.
Students learn sophisticated MIDI sequencing and Digital Audio techniques, how to combine these technologies into an effective studio workstation, and how to synchronize music with other media and technology. Prerequisite: MUSC 151 or entry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Developing projects utilizing MIDI techniques
- Editing and mixing MIDI performances into a Digital Audio format
- Recording Instruments and other sound sources
- Editing recording
- Sampling instruments and sound sources
- Processing and editing sound samples
- Using recorded samples in a musical work.
- Synchronize music and audio to other media.
- Effectively write music that synchronizes with other media.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the terminology and concepts related to MIDI and Digital Audio technologies through written assignments.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the state of the art technology that is related to this area.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the vocational opportunities that the skills related to this class provide.