NDT 105 Advanced EEG • 3 Cr.
Broaden knowledge of EEG findings in neurological diseases. Emphasizes: assessing and analyzing brain death, neonates, organic brain syndromes and dementias, medication effects and the EEG, and bedside recording. Prerequisite: NDT 105. Previously ENDT 105. Either ENDT 105 or NDT 105 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Evaluate signs, symptoms, and EEG correlates for adult neurological disorders
- Evaluate signs, symptoms, and EEG correlates for pediatric neurological disorders
- Evaluate the 10 guidelines and the legal issues associated with recording a brain death EEG
- Analyze the technical criteria for recording bedside and intensive care unit
- Analyze the effects of medication on EEG recording
- Spring 2014 (current quarter)