NDT 130 EEG Clinical I • 4 Cr.
Performance of clinical EEG along with recognizing and understanding the test result displayed. Previously ENDT 130. Either ENDT 130 or NDT 130 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Establish rapport with the patient and patient's family with assistance
- Prepare a basic data sheet ("tech sheet") with assistance
- Provide a safe recording environment with assistance
- Set-up patient and record EEG with assistance
- Document the working condition of an EEG instrument (analog and digital) with assistance
- Evaluate the waveform display with assistance
- Recognize artifact and eliminate artifact with assistance
- Remove electrode paste/glue from patient's scalp and hair
- Winter 2017 (current quarter)