NDT 131 EEG Clinical II • 4 Cr.
Performance of clinical EEG and evoked potential along with recognizing and understanding the test result displayed. Prerequisite: NDT 130. Previously ENDT 131. Either ENDT 131 or NDT 131 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Establish rapport with the patient and patient's family with assistance
- Prepare a basic data sheet ("tech sheet") with assistance
- Provide a safe recording environment with assistance
- Set-up patient and record EEG or evoked potential with assistance
- Document the working condition of an EEG or evoked potential instrument (analog and digital) with assistance
- Evaluate the waveform display with assistance
- Recognize artifact and eliminate the artifact with assistance
- Remove electrode paste/glue from patient's scalp and hair
- Act respectfully and professionally toward patient and staff
- Spring 2017 (current quarter)