NDT 201 NDT Theory I • 3 Cr.
Introduce other neurodiagnostic recordings used in the neurological area. Emphasizes: polysomnography (sleep disorders) and long-term epilepsy monitoring. Previously ENDT 201. Either ENDT 201 or NDT 201 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand common sleep disorders and treatment options
- Define multiple sleep latency test and wakefulness test
- Explain sleep staging and scoring techniques
- Identify montages and recording techniques
- Analyze the indications for long-term monitoring
- Assess seizure activity associated with long-term epilepsy monitoring
- Evaluate treatments for epilepsy