NDT 202 NDT Theory II • 3 Cr.
Introduce other neurodiagnostic recordings used in the neurological area. Emphasizes: nerve conduction velocity testing and intraoperative monitoring. Prerequisite: NDT 201. Previously ENDT 202. Either ENDT 202 or NDT 202 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply electrical safety principles to ND testing
- Apply principles of electronics to ND
- Examine the NDT role in evoked potential intraoperative monitoring
- Examine the NDT role in EEG intraoperative monitoring
- Evaluate the effects of anesthesia during intraoperative monitoring
- Evaluate electromyogram/nerve conduction velocity tests
- Winter 2017 (current quarter)