NMTEC 211 Patient Care in Nuclear Medicine • 1 Cr.
Presents nursing procedures relating to nuclear medicine. Topics include patient assessment, oxygen administration, infection control, intravenous drug administration, vasovagal and anaphylactic reactions, basic pharmacology, sedation, medical and legal issues, and electrocardiography. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- patient conditions (physical, mental, and emotional) and identify and describe
- correct responses to a variety of emergency situations.
- protection of oneself and one’s patients in terms of oxygen
- administration, infectious diseases, intravenous procedures, and body
- nuclear medicine scenarios that present ethical questions.
- the uses of statistical tests in assessing efficacy of diagnostic medical
- techniques, and define and calculate sensitivity, specificity, and
- in detail the function of the cardiovascular system, and identify life-threatening
- the effect on the heart of exercise and of various pharmacological streee