NSCOM 204 CISCO Networking IV • 5 Cr.
Course uses Cisco hardware to gain hands-on experience in designing and configuring a wide area network (WAN). Topics include: WAN design, Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN), Frame Relay, network management and CCNA exam preparation. Prerequisite: NSCOM 203 with a C or better and ENGL& 101 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform switch and router configurations.
- Modify router configuration to accommodate increased network traffic.
- Describe Frame Relay and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP).
- Configure a site-to-site configuration with Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Internet Security Protocols (IPsec) and Tunnel solutions
- Maintain network configuration and design documentation.
- Configure static and dynamic Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Design a Wide Area Network.