NSCOM 221 Implementing Server Operating Systems • 5 Cr.
Course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to install and configure a Microsoft Windows server operating system for file and print sharing, remote access services, and application server functions such as Terminal Services. This course also examines security features of the Microsoft Windows server operating system. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better. Recommended: IT 103, NSCOM 201.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Install Windows Deployment Services and activate the Windows operating system.
- Configure storage on a file server.
- Deploy print and fax servers.
- Configure a web and FTP site and configure site properties.
- Enable and configure authentication methods and assign file and folder access permissions.
- Monitor terminal server loads and implement network level authentication.
- Deploy a Terminal Services gateway server.
- Install the Streaming Media Services role and Windows SharePoint Services, configure email integration, and use Digital Rights Management.
- Use virtualization.