NSCOM 227 Implementing Directory Services • 5 Cr.
Course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to install, configure, and administer Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory services. Focuses on implementing Group Policy and understanding the Group Policy tasks required to centrally manage users and computers. Topics include: DNS configuration, account administration, domain management, and disaster recovery. Prerequisite: NSCOM 223 at BC with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Configure and manage high availability options and services.
- Configure file and storage solutions.
- Implement business continuity and disaster recovery options.
- Configure Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS) and Internet Protocol Address Management (IPAM) in an advanced environment.
- Configure the Active Directory infrastructure.
- Configure Identity and Access Solutions.