NSCOM 227 Implementing Directory Services • 5 Cr.
Course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to install, configure, and administer Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory services. Focuses on implementing Group Policy and understanding the Group Policy tasks required to centrally manage users and computers. Topics include: DNS configuration, account administration, domain management, and disaster recovery. Prerequisite: NSCOM 223 at BC with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the logical and physical components of a directory services database.
- Configure Domain Name Service to support a directory services database.
- Install a directory services database.
- Administer domain user accounts and groups
- Publish resources to a directory services database.
- Centrally manage users, computers and security settings.
- Manage directory services database replication within a site and between sites.
- Manage operations masters.
- Manage and restore a directory services database.
- Implement and administer a directory services database based on specific design requirements.