NURS 099 Nursing Student Success • 1 Cr.
Designed for first quarter students in the nursing program. Focuses on study and organizational skills, test taking skills and strategies, critical thinking skills, time management, and support to help students succeed in the nursing program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss ways to improve time management.
- Discuss strategies to manage stress during nursing school.
- Identify strategies for effective studying.
- Explore campus resources that support student success.
- Identify and apply critical thinking skills/analytical skills.
- Identify strategies to improve reading comprehension.
- Explore value of studying in groups.
- Discuss note taking techniques.
- Learn strategies for test performance improvement.
- Discuss strategies for effective communication.
- Improve knowledge in medical terminology.
- Demonstrate writing the nursing process