NURS 110Z Nursing Fundamentals Clinical • 3 Cr.
Students develop cognitive, psychomotor, assessment, and communicative skills to meet the biological, physiological, and psychosocial needs of the client. Students gain clinical experiences in rehabilitation and extended-care facilities. Prerequisite: NURS 110X and NURS 110Y.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate safe care for selected clients in the rehab and/or long term care facilities.
- Demonstrate skills learned during fundamentals theory and fundamentals lab classes.
- Apply the nursing process and develop a plan of care for a client in a rehab andfacil/or long term care facility.
- Demonstrate standard precautions and ensure compliance in diverse health care settings by adhering to agency policies and/or procedures.
- Summer 2014 (current quarter)