NURS 113Z Acute Care Nursing III Clinical • 5 Cr.
Clinical component for NURS 113X. Students gain experience in a medical-surgical acute-care facility correlating theory instruction and implementing nursing process. Prerequisite: NURS 113X and NURS 111Z.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Provide care for selected clients in the medical-surgical hospital section, incorporating skills learned during previous quarters.
- Demonstrate skills learned during pre-clinical training, and demonstrate new skills learned during the Nursing Skills component of NURS 111Y.
- Adapt client care to ensure compliance in diverse health care settings by adhering to agency policies and/or procedures in the management and delivery of care to two clients.
- Develop a client teaching literature and simulate a client teaching scenario.
- Spring 2015 (current quarter)