NURS 222Y Transition to Professional Nursing Skills Lab • 1 Cr.
This course the students will review the advanced nursing skills learned in previous lab classes in preparation to entering their last clinical rotation prior to graduation. They will participate in advanced simulation scenarios that correspond with their current level of training and participate in a nursing informatics module. Prerequisite: NURS 221X, NURS 221Z, NURS 220X, and NURS 220Z.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate all nursing skills learned in previous quarters
- Demonstrate the management of patient care in a simulated scenario using a high fidelity simulation mannequin (Sim Man)
- Critique peer simulation experiences in regard to the standards of nursing care
- Discuss the use and role of nurse informatics in the health care setting
- Document accurately using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)