NURS 230Z Mental Health Nursing Clinical • 4 Cr.
Clinical component for NURS 230X. Students gain experience in a mental health acute care and outpatient facilities, correlating theory instruction and implementing nursing process. Prerequisite: NURS 114X and NURS 113Z.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- 1. Demonstrate professional boundries while providing care for selected clients in a behavioral health environment.
- 2. Demonstrate therapeutic communications when working with clients with various mental illness.
- 3. Demonstrate mental health assessment skills learned during the N230X.
- 4. Adapt client care to ensure compliance in diverse health care settings by adhering to agency policies and/or procedures in the management and delivery of care of clients in a mental health setting.
- 5. Participate in and support constructive interaction with other members of the health care team in both inpatient and outpatient mental health settings.