NURS 350 Perspectives in Global Health • 5 Cr.
This is an elective course that continues to build upon the community health experience with the ability to apply concepts from community and global health in an international environment. This course expands the focus of the 200 level global health course offered in the ADN program. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the BSN program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the concepts of community and population centered health care and their impact on global health.
- Identify how global health is related to economic, environmental and technological development.
- Analyze health care delivery systems in developed and developing countries.
- Examine international, intergovernmental and voluntary organizations that are involved in global health.
- Analyze resources and solutions that address major global health problems and the burden of disease.
- Develop and implement a collaborative health project within a community as a team member.