NURS 411 Community and Public Health Nursing Clinical I • 3 Cr.
This course provides the opportunity for students to apply family and community nursing theory and nursing process to work collaboratively with families and communities in the process of assessment. Students will utilize tools of data collection and analysis to develop a collaborative plan to meet identified needs. Prerequisite: Acceptance into BSN program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze various approaches to defining and conceptualizing family health.
- Examine the interrelationships among individual health, family health and community health.
- Identify and involve collaborators/partners (agency or community) in community assessment.
- Analyze which methods of assessment, intervention, and evaluation are most appropriate for given community groups and situations.
- Apply the strategies and techniques for collecting, organizing, and analyzing information required for a comprehensive understanding of family and community health.
- Assess health/illness beliefs, values, attitudes, and practices of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
- Spring 2015 (current quarter)