NURS 412 Community and Public Health Nursing Clinical II • 2 Cr.
Students apply community and population focus health concepts to develop and implement nursing interventions in a community health nursing project that will address identified problems/needs for groups in the community setting. Group work, field experience and project development provide analysis, application and evaluation of community and population focused nursing processes. Prerequisite: Acceptance into BSN program and NURS 410 and NURS 411.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and involve collaborators/partners (agency and/or community) in planning and developing priority actions related to identified needs/problems from community assessment.
- Identify goals, objectives and relevant evaluation indicators for project plan.
- Apply relevant theory and evidence based nursing interventions to carry out actions of project plan.
- Evaluate effectiveness of project and document with a project report and community presentation.
- Summer 2014 (current quarter)