NURS 490 BSN Senior Portfolio • 1 Cr.
The senior nursing portfolio project is a purposeful collection of materials that documents the student's academic and professional development throughout the RN-BSN program. The portfolio is designed to foster student empowerment through analysis and critique of one's own work and self-awareness through reflection and self-evaluation. It serves as a method of measuring achievement of course and program outcomes. Prerequisite: Acceptance into BSN program and NURS 410, 411, and 412.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate professional nursing leadership with technical proficiency.
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving to provide evidence-based nursing care.
- Incorporate professional communication strategies in nursing practice.
- Provide, delegate and/or supervise nursing care based on acquired knowledge of theory and research.
- Evaluate career choices within the nursing profession based on emerging skills and personal strengths and abilities.
- Display behaviors as a member of the profession of nursing based on national standards of practice and professional codes of ethics.
- Demonstrate collaboration with other health care providers to promote the full human potential
- Fall 2014 (current quarter)