OLS 104 Disability Awareness • 2 Cr.
Designed to increase awareness of different types of disabilities within our community. Individuals reflect upon their own disability and when and how to disclose this information. Prerequisite: OLS 110, 143, 170 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and discuss various disabilities and the characteristics associated
- Research your disability and present disability related information to others
- Discuss self-advocacy as it relates to requesting accommodations
- Create disclosure scripts and present personal accommodations
- Explain the impact of disability rights on people with disabilities
- Discuss advocacy groups and compare mission statements
- Identify community agencies that offer services to those with disabilities
- Contact a community advocacy group for possible involvement
- Fall 2014 (current quarter)