OLS 107 Healthy Relationships • 2 Cr.
Explores healthy and unhealthy relationships emphasizing strategies to maintain a healthy relationship in various environments. Disability disclosure in social situations is discussed. Students learn strategies to manage conflict. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program and OLS 110.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Identify multiple perspectives in personal and social situations
- • Apply social awareness strategies to analyze another’s perspective
- • Differentiate and describe indicators of healthy and unhealthy relationships
- • Discuss methods for coping with strained or negative relationships
- • Identify and demonstrate methods to resolve conflict
- • Recognize and maintain healthy communication in relationships
- • Discuss social patterns with in different relationships
- • Apply Social Thinking™ concepts to build positive relationships
- • Define personal boundaries and discuss how to end unhealthy relationships
- Spring 2014 (current quarter)