OLS 107 Healthy Relationships • 2 Cr.
Explores healthy and unhealthy relationships emphasizing strategies to maintain a healthy relationship in various environments. Disability disclosure in social situations is discussed. Students learn strategies to manage conflict. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program and OLS 110.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify multiple perspectives in personal and social situations.
- Apply social awareness strategies to analyze another’s perspective.
- Differentiate and describe indicators of healthy and unhealthy relationships.
- Discuss methods for coping with strained or negative relationships.
- Identify and demonstrate methods to resolve conflict.
- Recognize and maintain healthy communication in relationships.
- Discuss social patterns with in different relationships.
- Apply Social Thinking™ concepts to build positive relationships.
- Define personal boundaries and discuss how to end unhealthy relationships
- Spring 2017 (current quarter)