OLS 125 Environment & Our Community III • 2 Cr.
Third in a three course series focusing on individual connection to place. Students explore their own relationship to the Puget Sound through the lens of service and volunteerism identifying ways they can contribute to the environmental movement. Prerequisite: OLS 124 and acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Define community service
- Discuss what a value is and identify the values you have
- Discuss ways that values can be demonstrated through service
- Identify and define the various types of service
- Explore the costs and benefits of doing service
- Identify the various movements in this country that was initiated by volunteers
- Explain how the environmental movement uses volunteers today
- Record and Express your experiences as a volunteer out in the field.
- Spring 2016 (current quarter)