OLS 130 Critical Thinking through Science • 3 Cr.
Introduction to the scientific inquiry methods used to develop critical thinking skills as they apply to personal and workplace situations. Structured to accommodate special needs learners. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Present steps of the scientific method and apply it to real world problems
- Describe, sort and classify objects based on physical and chemical properties
- Describe the characteristics of organisms and the significance of an organism’s life cycle and habitat
- Discuss evolution as a controversial and viable theory
- Explain the connection between adaptation, natural selection and evolution
- Describe the significance of biodiversity in terms of evolution and the survival of a species
- Explain the general concept of genetics
- Present an outline on a scientific topic using the scientific method