OLS 140 Introduction To Computers • 2 Cr.
Develops basic skills in touch keyboarding and data entry for personal and workplace use. Structured to accommodate special needs learners. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Demonstrate accuracy typing letters, numbers, and symbols fluently by touch
- • Demonstrate an increase in keyboarding speed and accuracy
- • Identify and use Microsoft Word to create basic documents
- • Navigate and work with files and folders in multiple windows and demonstrate the use of shortcut keys to do so
- • Explain and use accessibility features within Microsoft Windows
- • Compare Assistive Technology devices and programs
- • Use student e-mail account and MyBC student portal to access and retrieve information
- • Identify basic operations of a personal computer system
- • Organize and manage files on portable memory devices in the Microsoft Windows environment
- • Navigate the World Wide Web for workplace purposes