OLS 141 Computer Fundamentals • 2 Cr.
Builds on material in OLS 140 with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Includes resumes and cover letters and professional versus personal computer use. Prerequisite: OLS 140 and acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the use of Microsoft Office help options.
- Create, edit, format, and print a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Apply simple formulas in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet application.
- Create, format, insert and edit text and images in Microsoft Word documents.
- Create a business-ready cover letter and resume using Microsoft Word.
- Create a publication document using a template from Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain a personal calendar, create contact lists and manage email communication.
- Create business professional e-mails and apply e-mail etiquette.
- Use Microsoft PowerPoint to create and edit an electronic presentation.
- Insert graphics and text in Microsoft PowerPoint to enhance a presentation
- Winter 2017 (current quarter)