OLS 142 Computer Applications in the Workplace • 3 Cr.
Expands on Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook material covered in OLS 141. Introduces Photoshop and basic publishing applications. Prerequisite: OLS 140 and 141 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate use of Microsoft Outlook to manage a calendar, schedule meetings, create tasks, and create and use distribution lists.
- Create a Microsoft Excel worksheet that incorporates simple formulas, tables, charts, and sorting.
- Demonstrate use of Microsoft Word features and commands in document production.
- Create and manipulate tables and charts in a Microsoft Word document.
- Create, edit, save, and show Microsoft PowerPoint files using text, graphics, and design tools to create a professional presentation.
- Search for and access information in electronic Help files.
- Create, edit, and store documents using Internet-based computing applications and workspaces.
- Demonstrate effective use of browser functions to navigate and search the Internet.
- Access Internet forums, discussion groups, and networking groups.
- Capture, edit, save and insert screenshots into documents.
- Describe and document system problems for the purposes of requesting technical assistance