OLS 143 Career Portfolio • 1 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2014
Career Portfolio • 2 Cr.
Students begin developing a career portfolio based on courses taken, adding to the document throughout the program identifying personal values and strengths. The information is used to begin a career pathway setting an initial career goal. Prerequisite: OLS 105, 106, 110 and 111 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe how a career portfolio is used in work settings and how to customize content
- Describe why you should use strengths not weaknesses when planning your career pathway
- Describe how personal values affect career choices and the workplace
- Describe your personal values and compare to different workplace culture
- Define your personal transferable work skills as defined by a career planning program
- Identify 2-3 broad career clusters that relate to your personal strengths, personal values, and work skills
- Identify and describe personal work strengths using proofs to justify strengths
- Compare personal strengths to different job tasks related to 2-3 broad personal career clusters
- Develop a personal short term career goal related to course content
- Present personal work strengths, values, skills and how they relate to your personal short term career goal
- Spring 2014 (current quarter)